Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I have a question regarding an application for a change of

Customer Question

hi i have a question regarding an application for a change of name on a permanent leave to remain visa
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am asking on behalf of a friend
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Oleksandr-Mod replied 12 days ago.
Oleksandr
Expert:  Frantz I replied 12 days ago.

What is your specific concern?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My friend is Thai and has a permanent leave to remain in uk. It is a paper version in her previous passport.She has been divorced now and, because the Thai government has issued her with a new passport with her maiden name, her paper version PLTR visa is in her married name.We have filled out the HO form with the relevant £237 fee and sent of for a biometric visa.The concern is: we have just received a letter from HO notifying us of receipt and informing us that they are 'considering' her application and it may take up to 6 months.Is the letter a standard issue or should she be concerned about this be of concernRegardsPete
Expert:  Frantz I replied 10 days ago.

This is just a standard letter. There is nothing to worry about receiving this letter.