How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Frantz I Your Own Question
Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 410
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Frantz I is online now

I have a granddaughter aged 6 who lives in China and is the

Customer Question

I have a granddaughter aged 6 who lives in China and is the daughter of a UK citizen (my son) and a Chinese citizen (her mother). My granddaughter has a Chinese passport and a UK passport.
China does not recognise dual nationality.
UK government recommends cancelling the UK passport (but not her right to citizenship) and applying for a Right of Abode Vignette in her Chinese passport.
How do we do this?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately you cannot do this retrospectively. Unless British citizenship is renounced.

Related Immigration Law Questions