frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Assistant: What do you want help with? I am looking for some

Customer Question

Hi there
Assistant: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I am looking for some advice to clarify few questions for naturalisation application
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: It is about my son' application My questions is about validity of IELTS and Life in U.K. Test He is 20 year old and was granted indefinite leave to remain on 02/09/2015
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: He took his IELTS CEFR level B1 on 21/07/2015. There is no expiry date on the form.
This certificate was accepted at the time of his settlement application/ indefinite leave to remain
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: His Life in U.K. Test pass certificate is dated on 26/01/2015 and was accepted at time of Settlement/ indefinate Leave to remain on 02/09/2015 Now he want to apply for Naturalization.My question do he have to repeat these tests or could he use same certificate for purpose of naturalization application
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your enquiry. Please ignore previous answer as it was sent in error.

The test validity period of your IELTS Life Skill B1 qualification is usually 2 years. However, you can use a B1 level qualification that has run out if you are applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK. There is no expiry date for the life in the UK test so it will still be valid.