frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am an Australian with a UK grandparent. I lived and worked

I am an Australian with a UK grandparent. I lived and worked in the UK from 1981 to 1985 via a patriality permit in my passport.
I am now a permanent resident of Germany, but do not have a German passport. I am retired, and would like to live in the UK where I have many friends. Is it possible for me to obtain residence rights for the UK without the right to work? How would I go about this?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 3 months ago.

There is no route to obtain residence rights to live permanently in the UK based on the information you have provided unless you have obtained German citizenship. You will always have the option to visit the UK as a tourist.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is 3 month always the maximum for a tourist visa? Is there any limitation on how often I may enter on a tourist visa per year? I.e. could I simply leave the country for a week then return on a new visa? Friends are thinking of leaving me their property so that I can care for their dogs, but I would need to be located here in the UK most of the time.

No. The maximum for a tourist visa is 6 months. This pattern of travelling in and out of the UK is not permitted on a tourist visa unfortunately.