frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My Infant daughter has been refused a VISA to visit the UK,

Customer Question

My Infant daughter has been refused a VISA to visit the UK, she has a Chinese Passport so we applied for a Standard visitors visa but she was refused because I as her father, a British citizen by birth automatically give her the right of abode. I want to know how long it will take to get the right of abode vignette into her Chinese passport to allow me to take her to the uk we have flights booked for August 23rd. Her mother (Chinese) was given the visa but it is no use to use without the baby qualifying,, we are very worried and would appreciate some good advice!
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 3 months ago.

Your child's visa was refused because she is British by birth if one of her parents is British otherwise by descent at the time of her birth. You need to apply for a British passport for her. Go to https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-passport-office