chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am a UK citizen based in Germany as an airline pilot. My

I am a UK citizen based in Germany as an airline pilot. My partner & fiancé-to-be is expecting our child & I would very much like to have our baby born in the UK. She currently has legal German residency, however she holds a Syrian passport, despite not having lived there since she was very young. What can I do (or fill / apply) to have her move to the UK with me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 month ago.

When is she eligible for German nationality?

Does her residency allow her to travel to the UK?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is elegible for full German residency (including any Schengen nations for work or residency) as of October 1st 2017. I appreciate your time in responding. We are unaware of whether this allows her free movement to the UK. I have done some reading & am aware of the "family or settled person visa" as seen on citizensadvise.org.uk. I currently qualify for the salary scales mentioned on that website, & kindly as you as a legal professional whether you believe this is the best place to start.

Her German residency card would not allow her to travel to the UK without a visa.

Any child of yours born abroad will still be a British national as you are a UK national.

If you wish for your partner to be permitted to travel to the UK, if you have been exercising treaty rights in a third party member state for 12 months, she would be eligible to apply for an EEA Family Permit.

The alternative is to apply for an harried partner visa under the UK immigration rules. For this you would need to meet the income requirement of £18,600.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.