chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I came to the uk 4 years ago, I ask for asylum and the

Hi, I came to the uk 4 years ago, I ask for asylum and the refused my case 2 years after. I'm still living in the U.K. With out any permission, the reason why I refuse to go back to my country is that my life in Albania my country is in danger. I meet someone 2 years ago and now we live together and we just had a new born baby witch he was born with Down syndrome ( t21 ). What rights do I have to get the permission to stay in this country, especially now we need to support my son. Please if anyone can help me, because we are in a difficult situation. Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 month ago.

What nationality is your partner?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, his Portuguese and he has been living in U.K. For 20 years and his got resident card, been working and paying taxes for over 17 years, his full employed.

If he has been here that period, he would be eligible to apply for nationality which would also give the child UK nationality and allow you to apply for discretionary leave to remain on the basis of access to a child.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The child was born in the U.K. And he's is already registered in this country as a white British so we just have to apply for his British passport, in this case what does my partner need to do?

Your partner just needs to make the application for a UK passport to the UK Passport Agency.

Once this has been received, you will be able to apply for discretionary leave to remain.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Isn't more easy with his European passport?!!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How much would it cost me if you could help me to do the application?!