frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Morning,, my husband is British. We came over to Germany in

Customer Question

Morning,I'm South African, my husband is British. We came over to Germany in Dec. 2015 as I had a permanent job offer this side. We arrived and my husband and daughter stayed with me in the country until July 2016. My husband and daughter went back to the UK as my husband was offered work and I stayed behind in Germany and worked. I've been offered a position in the UK by my employer and now I want to return to the UK. Can I claim based on this? Surinder Singh
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

You can only apply the Surinder Singh principle if your husband exercised his treaty rights in Germany for example if he was working in Germany and has all the paperwork to prove this. If he hasn't you should apply for a spousal visa.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi,He didn't work this side, I was the only one that did - he would then be classed as self sufficient?

Unless he had comprehensive private health insurance, he would not be recognised as a self-sufficient person.