frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I, Filipino, came to UK Feb 2017 with my partner,

I, Filipino, came to UK Feb 2017 with my partner, Portuguese. I applied for Unmarried Partnership Visa Apr 2017. I received a refusal letter dated 10 Aug 2017. My tourist visa expired at 10 July 2017.
Is there any way I can apply for a different visa within the UK in order to stay here? Or can we get married here?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately you cannot switch in the UK with a visitor's visa. You have to leave the UK and make your application.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I got an overstayer friend who married a Spanish and everything seemed okay.

You are applying for unmarried partnership visa which is under British laws and therefore you cannot switch from a visitors visa. If you are applying under EU law that is a different matter. You friend would have made an EU application

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is it possible to get married here in the UK under EU law since my partner is portuguese?

You don't need to get married to apply for extended family visa under EU law. If you have been admitted into the UK as an extended family member of an EU citizen then yes you can get married. If you are here under a tourist visa you can't.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
oh okay. thanks for the info

Please rate