frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I have applied for ILR for myself as the main applicant and

Hi , I have applied for ILR for myself as the main applicant and my husband in July this year after completing my 5 years on Tier 2 . Unfortunately my husbands ILR rejected as he hasn't reached the five years at the time we applied . We applied as the one day premium service and the immigration officer has explained every thing to us on the day and told us what would be the next step . Me and my son granted leave to remain and he said my husband can stay in the UK until February when then he would be eligible to apply . He said he doesn't need to apply for any other type of visas or submit any other application until then .
We were told he can carry on as it is and work as normal until then , they even gave his biometric card back to him on the same day.
After receiving the decision in writing , I have assumed that we do not need to do anything and obviously we did not want to appeal .
Today my husband received a letter that the time for the appeal is now expires and he has to leave the UK when his current leave expires. it also said he may not work in the UK while he is here.
I am now confused and don't no what to do . His Tier 2 dependant visa is until July 2018 .
Please advice me
Ellie
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Your husband's Tier 2 visa is still valid and therefore he is able to remain in the UK until July 2018. The standard letter you received relates to the previous application for ILR which was refused.

Applying for ILR earlier than he should have does not invalidate his previous visa if the new application was a refusal and still in date.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi thank you for your reply , is he still eligible to work ?

Yes his status remains as before and he can continue to work. Please rate.