frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

In Tier 2 general visa and planning to apply for my ILR

I am Currently in Tier 2 general visa and planning to apply for my ILR application soon.During the year 2015 i was outside UK for 50 Calendar days .The reason was, The Project i worked in UK had been completed and i moved to india for 50 calendar days. I had been issued P45 form by my sponsor. After 50 days I came back to UK through same sponsor and same visa and started working on a new project.My Queries are as follows:1. As per the guidelines mentioned in Page 17 of the Calculating continuous period "Holidays taken on the conclusion of employment" ,Would this absence considered as a allowable absence? Do i need to produce any absence letters for the 50 Calendar days i was outside United Kingdom due to conclusion of employment ?At the end of 50 Calendar days I came back to UK for same sponsor.https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/606963/Calculating-continuous-leave-v15.0.pdf2. IF i need to produce any absence letter , does the employer has to state anything specifically in that letter ?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Note: My Tier 2 General Granted on Sep 2013
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

If this was an absence due to holidays approved by your employer they will have to state that in a letter. Did you apply for a new Tier 2 visa. Was your employment concluded?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I came to UK as a deputation from my home country on sep 2013. And my project role here completed on 27th Nov 2015. Hence i had been asked by my sponsor to work from offshore for 50 days for the same UK client (From offshore). Then on Jan 18th 2016 I came back to UK through same sponsor and worked for same client since i got a new role here in the same project. Since my old tier 2 has not expired and valid i did not apply for a new tier 2 visa.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have Rated you but i didn't know that Rating would close the question as completed. Could you please answer my query

OK why did your employer issue a P45?

If you can get your employer to confirm period away was for work that will be great.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Since the project is completed they usually issue p45 form and since i came back to UK in gap of 50 days i got my p60 form as well . Out of that 50 days my employer already gave 30 days as a paid UK annual leave.Now i am not sure what kind of letter i can get for remaining 20 Calendar days as i worked from india for my employer. I have also paid Tax and NI continuously without gap here in UK.

Your employer would need to clarify the situation because they are your sponsor.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Frantz... If i can get a letter from my sponsor stating that " I have worked for the same UK client from offshore or remote location for the period of 15 days" is enough ?

Your employer should be able to guide you. They have a responsibility as a Home Office sponsorship holder.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks .. I have emailed my employer to provide the letters... Let's see if i can get. How can i avail your professional service? Could you please let me know your charge for ILR service . You can email me at***@******.***

It would be my pleasure to assist you but it is against JA policy as I understand it to directly engage with users. I will make enquiries with JA first to see if it is acceptable and if so I will make contact.