frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am a non EEA citizen living in France since 6 years, i

hello,i am a non EEA citizen living in France since 6 years , i have a french residence card and i am married to an EEA citizen ( french) and have two French children studying here in London. My husband has already settled in the UK , he has a job and a flat registered with both names( rent). Myself i came to the UK with a visit visa which expires the 24th October of this year. My question is what shall i do next? which kind of visa or permit can i apply for from the UK without going back to France.Thank you in advance;
regards
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My husband has is a french and my daughters too, we want apply for a certificate resident, wich form we can use.
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 month ago.

Your visit visa or its expiry is irrelevant as you are a family member of an EU national exercising treaty rights. You should apply for an EEA registration card. Go to https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-for-a-registration-certificate-or-residence-card-for-a-family-member-form-eea-fm

Please can you rate? I don't get paid for helping you if you forget to rate

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello and thank you for your response.
As a french resident married to a french man, i could not enter in UK with my husband and we tried this in the past, I had need to apply for a visit visa to enter to UK. they said that UK is not in the schengen EU.
If I apply for a resident card as family member of EU, can I work in UK? because I had an interview with a company in London and they accepted me but they wait to know if I can work in UK?
I saw that it costs £65 per person to apply, my husband and my daughters need to apply in the same time with me?
Regrads

What you should have applied for was EAA family permit and not a visit visa. Yes you can work as an EEA family member. Your husband and daughter are EU nationals and do not have to apply at the same time or at all.

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 28 days ago.

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 27 days ago.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Hi,Sorry i forgot to rate before. just a last question before:
My visa expire on the 24th of octobre, if i won't receive an answer from the home office before, i have to lease UK and wait in france or I have to wait here with my expired visa?If i leave UK, i cannot come back without a new visa else with a residence card.
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 23 days ago.

I have waited a week for a response from you. After you have rated I will address any further question.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I rated now

No you dont have to leave if you dont hear from the Home Office. You remain in the UK unril you hear from the Hone Office. You are a family member of an EU national who is working in the UK