frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Can my spouse, who is an EEA citizen, apply for a family of

Can my spouse, who is an EEA citizen, apply for a family of a settled persons visa?I am a UK citizen and we are married. We lived together in the UK for a period of 2 and a half years before moving to live in Europe. Because of this gap while we both lived outside of the UK, when it comes to Brexit even if we moved back to the UK now they would not have enough time before March 2019 of continuous residence in the UK.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 month ago.

Anybody who is married to a UK citizen can apply for a family of a settled person visa but the UK national most be settled in the UK and meet the financial requirement.

Brexit negotiations are still nacent so it is difficult to consider EEA options if you are not settled in the UK at present.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your reply. What would constitute settled in the UK for the UK national?

Livng and working in the UK

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok awesome - thank you for your help :) :)