frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am in the process of applying for a British Citizenship

Customer Question

I am in the process of applying for a British Citizenship with an application date end of October 2017. I have 2 road traffic offence fines that came out of court in July 2008 and then August 2008. Both road traffic offences ( 1st for speeding and 2nd for failure to identify the driver ) are now considered “spent”. Where should I mention these offences on AN form - under Criminal conviction or as an additional information on page 22? Also, when I applied for a residence card last year ( I am EEA national ). I have not mentioned these 2 traffic offences as I thought these were not criminal and if so, these are considered already spent. I do not know whether my criminal records were checked but I was given the documentation confirming my residence in the UK as EEA national. Now when I read all the possible documents, I realised that speeding fine and failure to identify the driver that came out of court are seen as a criminal conviction in the UK. Not sure how these 2 road traffic offences should now be mentioned on the AN form. Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 month ago.

Immigration applications are exempt from the rehabilitation act so it is irrelevant that they are spent they must be mentioned and should have been mentioned. You should mention under the criminal conviction section if there is a space to do so otherwise on the page with additional information.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Shall I mention that I did not indicate these 2 road traffic offences in the residence card application by mistake? If they to compare both applications they will see that I answered no to the question whether i have been convicted of any criminal offence. Do they check the previously submitted documents?

EEA PR and Citizenship applications are separate applications and moving forward you should mention the facts on the basis of the questions you are being asked for this application. With regard to whether you should mention you didn't say before I cannot comment because you require legal advice for that I am afraid. JA prohibits experts from giving legal advice and also I cannot comment for your own best interest.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I thought i am seeking a legal advice here as do not want to have my BC application refused due to a mistake i made in the EEA PR form.

It is important that you do not make a mistake. Do it not say anywhere that JustAnswer cannot give legal advice?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well, I was actually seeking a legal advice from an immigration law expert on my situation and how to handle the error I made on EEA PR and this is what JustAnswer is advertising online.

Does JustAnswer advertise online to say you will receive legal advice?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They advertice this platform for legal advice. Moreover, the sentence “ legal advice “ is in the contract with Google Ad

Please send me a link which says JustAnswer gives legal advice

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The attachment is below, showing that “ legal advice online “ is part of the ad text with Google. For the ad to pop us this word/ sentence needs to be preprogrammed with Google as part of the advertising by JustAnswer.

I will refer to JustAnswer about your concern but in the mean time when you fill out your forms you must mention the traffic offences you have.