Barrister Khan
Barrister Khan, Barrister
Experience:  Excellent legal grip
81129786

I have some questions regarding Tier 2 General visa

Hi there, I have some questions regarding Tier 2 General visa application please.I currently have Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa which expires on 29th Oct. I am waiting for a job application result (with Tier 2 General visa support) which I am due to receive around 25th.1/ If my current visa expires before applying for the new one, do I have to submit the application from my home country? Is it not possible to apply from a third country in Europe, for example?2/ Am I correct in understanding that as long as the new visa application is submitted before my current visa expiry date, I can legally stay (but not work) while being assessed?3/ If I don't receive result or cannot submit new application by 29th, I am planning on keeping my posssions & rented property in UK as it is, while waiting/applying out of country. If I don't get the job/visa application is unsuccessful, will I have any issue returning with tourist visa to sort my personal possessions out?Thank you very much for your help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Barrister Khan replied 1 month ago.

1.The visa application must be lodged in the country where you currently reside. Note: this does not have to be your country of origin.

2. Your immigration status will stay the same while you wait for your new visa if you make the application in the 28 days before your visa ends. You’ll still have the right to work, access education and receive benefits while you wait for a new visa. Once you’ve applied you can stay in the UK until you’ve been given a decision, as long as you applied before your last visa expired.

3.No you will not have any issue if you return subsequently in a different category to sort out your matters.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much for your very helpful response.I just want to double check one thing please.Upon visa expiry I am planning to visit friends in Germany for a few months on tourist visa while I wait for the job application outcome. I assume then I will still have to return to my origin country to submit UK visa application, as I am technically not a resident there?Thank you very much.
that is correct.
Please accept and rate me. Thank you