frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My question is about renewing my wife the Residence Card of

Good day
My question is about renewing my wife the Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National.
I am a Romanian citizen and my wife a Mauritian citizen. In 2013 I obtained my yellow card (required at the time) and my wife the residence card mentioned above. In 2014 we had to come back in Romania due to some family problems.
Now we would like to return in UK but because of the Brexit we do not know if will be possible to renew my wife documents (because of the long absence from the country) and also I am not sure about my status as well.
The visa will expire on 30 January 2018. Please let me know if it is possible to renew it if we go back this year or not.Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 month ago.

W​hen did you and your wife leave the UK?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We left UK in May 2014

OK. If you and your wife return to the UK, the clock starts again for her. So she would be allowed in the UK but the 5 years clock resets to zero. You would need to show you are a qualified person e.g. in work.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
if we go back I must start working before we apply for renewing the visa for her?

You need to show you are exercising treaty rights.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. Ty