frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I was caught shoplifting on April 2012 and have always

Customer Question

Hi,I was caught shoplifting on April 2012 and have always regretted my foolish action. I was given a fine of £80 without having the need to go to courts. I paid the fine, and the police officer said as it is my first offence and as the value of the items was around £82, this will be in their records but not necessarily as a 'criminal record' (I don't know what he meant by that).Again... I like to mention that it was utterly stupid of me to do such a thing and have always been regretting it.I have learnt from my mistakes and have been a very honest person from there on. This has become a very good lesson to me. I am now working for the NHS for over 5 years... hardworking doing around 52 hours a week to pay my bills and support my family.I would like to know how this will affect my British citizenship. I have been granted ILR in 2011 and still haven't' applied for naturalization due to my past stupidity. I am very worried about this whole situation.I dont' have any other bad records apart from this. But I have paid parking fines (maybe three max.) in the past. Not sure if all this will have a negative impact on my naturalization application.This is really worrying ... Please helpThanks
Ahamed
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 22 days ago.

Your citizenship application will normally be refused if the conviction occurred in the last 3 years