How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 635
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am a british citizen, My partner came into the UK with a

Customer Question

I am a british citizen,
My partner came into the UK with a six months visa and also pregnant with my baby. She gave birth a month before her visa was due to expire, and I applied for a further leave to remain, The home office initial rejected her application - and we appealed and was successful.
She has a 2.5 years visa on the 10 year partner route. Please will it be possible to switch to the 5 years partner route?
My salary is £33000, we have lived together over two years with two children and also getting married soon.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 21 days ago.


Yes on her next renewal she can apply under the 5 year route. However time spent on the 10 route would not count towards the 5 year route

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Please I wanted to clarify if I can apply to switch to the 5 year route now rather than wait till 2 years when the current leave to remain ends?
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 18 days ago.

Yes you can if you meet the requirement.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
What will be the appropriate form to fill for the switch, and can I do the express one day service?
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 18 days ago.


FLR (m) if the requirements are met