Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I came to this country in 1977 Agust on Indian passport.

Customer Question

I came to this country in 1977 Agust on Indian passport. Since than as I got in business up to now & never intended to travel, so I never renewed my passport up to now. In 2010 I applied to renew my passport ( which was already expired for 35 years, since it was valid up to 1982) with INDIAN HOGH COMMISSION, but at that time I had a major surgery (by pass)and not really ready to travel so I didn't gave much attention to my application which I had submitted to INDIAN HIGH COMMISSION. My expired passport is still with them.
Last week I visited them to make inquiry about my application which I made in 2010. And I was told to that I have to submit my applications all over again.
Now I have changed my mind and decided to apply for British citizenship.I was granted remain to leave for indefinite period in 1978.I have paid full national insurance and I am getting pension, have full driving licence of UK.DO I need my expired passport when I apply for British Citizenship
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 17 days ago.

If youhello if

hello

if your ILR is contained in your old passport then you will need your expired passport to apply for British citizenship.