Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I was sponsored to work in the UK for at least 3 years. It

Customer Question

I was sponsored to work in the UK for at least 3 years. It was a permanent employment Maths teaching post. My employer firstly delayed my contract ( all other 20 new employees signed theirs towards the end of August, and I was told mine was not ready.) I waited and waited and eventually I went to the HR in the second week of September (12 Sept), and she told me my contract was ready, so she gave it to me to take away to read and sign.She I was reading it at home, I found out the the salary on the contract was not the one we agreed on, I still had the copy of the salary offer. I then took the contract back to the HR and explained why I could not sign it.She pulled out my file and agreed with me that it was not the same. She then said she would get it sorted. The days went by, then the weeks, without hearing anything about my contract. I kept going back to ask the HR whether there was a problem, and she told me that they could not change the contract but they can pay me the difference as an allowance. It was not clear why they would noy change it, but I still did not agree to sign it without the correct figures.In mid-September, the school principal was seeing teachers by appointments. When my appointment came, he gave me a letter of salary 'increase', as my agreed salary (the correct one) had increased on the pay scale.I then told him that I still had not signed the contract and I was worried. His response was that here in the UK contracts take long to be drawn up and i must not worry I am employed permanently and the contract would be sorted. I told him that we were talking about getting the right salary on the contract as the contract had been drawn already.So the days went by and end of first school term arrived and still there was no contract.On the other hand, I was having serious kids behavioural issues in the classroom. He ( the principal) later started to threaten me by firing me if the behaviour of the kids eas not improving. He also threatened me about the fact that they had sponsored me and without their sponsor I would be no where. Because I was thinking of leaving the school but stay within the same Trust, that is when he started threatening me. I got so stressed, thinking about my future as i need a monthly income. I ended up in hospital in the Mental illness department. I have lost weight, I realised I was not functioning properly. I have informed the school that I will resign with immediate effect as of Monday as i get blamed for the kids behaviour and I feel victimised and misyreated. I feel that my health is at risk.What are my legal rights in this situation? Should they pay me for post months? How many - 6 or 12? Do I have a strong case against them?I spent at least £6000 to come over, this includes paying for my 3-year Visa and 3-year NHS.Please advise.My name is***** am a Maths Teacher with a Master's degree in Maths Education and I have been teaching for 25 years.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What would happen to my Visa because I know that if I do resign, the school will withdraw my sponsorship?How long would I have permission to be in the UK for after my sponsorship has been withdrawn?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Still waiting for the response.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Due to the extremely lack of support from my line manager and the management team as a whole when my situation was unbearable, I ended up in a mental illness clinic in Kettering General Hospital. Due to this situation I had to resign with immediate effect. The company told me that they would pay me for November and December and that they have to revoke my Visa and deduct the air fares from the Money they pay me, as they told me , by law they have to book me the flights back home.Was the legal and fair? (Paying me for only two months and then use my money to book me flights?)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Was this legal and fair?
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 10 days ago.
This is underpriced.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
What do you mean it is underpriced? I have not received even a single answer to all my questions! What service to I get for paying £26 because up to this point no one has attempted to answer at least one question?
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 9 days ago.
The nature and volume of your enquiry requires payment which is more than the minimum
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Enjoy my £26 pounds for free and carry on with your scam. Good luck.
Good luck in getting legal advice for £26.
You can ask for a refund.