frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am trying to apply for a visitor visa for my fiance who is

I am trying to apply for a visitor visa for my fiance who is a Georgian Citizen, for the duration of 5 months.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am a UK citizen , working in Georgia. I will be returning to the UK in two weeks and would like my fiance to stay with me for a while to experience life in the UK
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes , 2 applications for UK visit visa have been refused.
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's fine, go ahead
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 28 days ago.
What was the reasons for the previous refusals?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hi Thanks for the reply. The first one was refused as we did not enclose a letter confirming employment and Salary. I did this on the subsequent application but it was still refused.
Why was the second one refused
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
The second one was refused because they were not satisfied with the reason for her going (that she is not a genuine visitor), that she will return to Georgia after the 5 months (economic ties and financial circumstances) , they believe she will work and/or rely on public funds (I enclosed a signed SU07 sponsorship form stating that I will be responsible for her).
OK unless you girl friend is already in employment and she has family ties in her home country , there is no chance that she will be granted a visa. The best option if this is an option is to get married and apply for a spouse visa or if you can prove your relationship is at least 2 years then she can apply for an unmarried visa which gives same rights as a spouse visa. Both will allow her to work
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
She is employed in Georgia and all her family (mother, father, brother, Grandparents etc ) live in Georgia.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
We enclosed a letter from her employer confirming her leave for 6 months, and also confirming her salary. The only thing we did not enclose was her bank statement.
Ok. What I can see as a problem is not providing bank statements and the duration of proposed visit. 6 months is a long time. try applying for 4 weeks. No company gives leave for 6 months.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
OK. So do you suggest submitting a third visa application?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Also we have got a letter from her employer already, agreeing her leave to return in May 2018

I am not able to suggest what you should do. It is not usual for an employer to grant an employee 6 months leave. The employer needs to explain why. Any further application suffers a fundamental issue which is excessive holidays and repeated refusals. You should seek the assistance of a lawyer if you intend to make a further application.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Many thanks for your time and your advice.