frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My wife and I are both British Citizens ,we married in 2010.

My wife and I are both British Citizens ,we married in 2010. My wife is from the Philippines and in 2015 we adopted her nephew as we had been visiting her family twice each year since our marriage. Our now son aged 13 years, the person in question, very much wishes to live with us in England. We have been applying for a Visa since May 2017 at great expense and have just been told our application has been refused on the grounds that we have just been trying to get a British passport for him and to get him into the country. We have 28 days to Appeal but have no idea what our next course of action should be. Do we have a case and is it worth pursuing please?

Without giving names or sending the refusal letter across, please could you tell me what the reasons for the refusal were exactly.