frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Assistant: How can we be of help? I’m an international

Assistant: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I’m an international student studying Mechanical Engineering and Management at the University of Edinburgh. My mum (with the aid of a company of which she's a shareholder) have funded my £20,850 per year tuition fees for the last 18 months, meaning approximately £40,000 has been spent on me so far. However, due to an unexpected change in financial circumstances (as well as a few other issues), they’re unable to pay for me fees at the moment. The university’s income section has been coming hard after me and are about to block me from using the school’s IT services. This means, I can’t signup for labs or do submit projects. I’d also not be able to access the library and so forth.
I’ve decided to withdraw before the 31st of January which would mean I’d only owe the university about £12,000 (according to its policy) instead of £21,250 for the full academic year. This means I have to leave the UK within 60 days as I’m here under the Tier 4 visa.
I’ve had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work for my mentor who runs an eccomerce business in Scotland. He’s willing to employ me fulltime as he’s moved to a bigger warehouse at about £19,000 per year and there’s a chance this would increase. The freedom I’d get with this role allows me the opportunity to expand and be an encouragement for anyone that ever dropped out of uni.
How much am I required to make per year to apply for Tier 2 visa from my country?
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Edinburgh
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No I have a few questions:
Is there a way I can apply for a Visa in the UK and change my status (from Tier 4 to Tier 2)?
How much am I required to make per year to apply for Tier 2 ?
What level can the role of “Head of Ecommerce operations and web developer” be (i.e, 6, 4, etc)?
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it

First of all you need to ask if he has a Home Office sponsorship licence to employ a foreign national

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He doesn't and wants to apply for one

OK he will need to instruct a solicitor to make an application. Until he has one, he cannot employ you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He’s willing to employ me fulltime as he’s moved to a bigger warehouse at about £19,000 per year and there’s a chance this would increase. The freedom I’d get with this role allows me the opportunity to expand and be an encouragement for anyone that ever dropped out of uni.
I have a few questions (some of which I seem to know the answer but I’d love to hear your insight):
1). Is there a way I can apply for a Visa in the UK and change my status (from Tier 4 to Tier 2)?
2). How much am I required to make per year to apply for Tier 2 ?
3). What level can the role of “Head of Ecommerce operations and web developer” be (i.e, 6, 4, etc)? I for sure know that the role of a web developer falls under 6.
4). Would I be required to leave the UK if I decide to switch roles or leave the company?
5). Considering my yearly pay is about £19,000 which falls short of £20,800 (which is the minimum amount required for Tier 2 workers to earn (not sure if this still applies)), can my boss increase this and technically say I worked less hours hence the lower pay?
If yes, would this cause issues in future?
6). Can I move to another job with a lower pay that falls below £20,800 (for example, a part time job)?
7). What do you think are the essential step my mentor should take to sponsor me since he’s not a certified sponsor yet?

1. if you have an eligible qualification you can switch to a Tier 2 if not you cant

2. at least £30,000 PA

3.Level 6

4. Not if you have n eligible qualification

5. Your boss must pay the minimum or the appropriate salary for the job you’re offered whichever is higher

6.No

7. He needs to seek advice and have an advisor make his company's application for a licence.

Thank you for posting your question on JustAnswer. I have reviewed it. If you have any follow up questions, I'm here to help and happy to respond. If you feel I've given you 5 star service, please rate me 5 stars at the top of the page

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your help. :)