frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I came into the country with a Spouse visa through the 5

Customer Question

I came into the country with a Spouse visa through the 5 year route. My wife is a British citizen and we have two daughters. I just recently renewed the Visa last year and will be due for Indefinite Leave to remain in a couple of years. However, my wife and I are not on good terms and divorce is imminent if we are unable to resolve our issues. I want to know what are my options in the event that we divorce each other. How am I going to be able to renew my visa in the next two years to get the ILR. I just want to know what my options are. Our two daughters are also British citizens since their mom is British citizen by birth. I would appreciate all the counsel you can give regarding this matter.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately if your marriage breaks down and results in a divorce your current visa becomes invalid and you would not be able to apply for ILR in 2 years time under the spousal route. However as your children are British and settled in the UK you would need to make a fresh application on the basis of being a parent of a British child under the 5 years route and the clock starts again for you.

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 20 days ago.

Thank you for posting your question on JustAnswer. I have reviewed it. If you have any follow up questions, I'm here to help and happy to respond. If you feel I've given you 5 star service, please rate me 5 stars at the top of the page