spankyjr1
spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  Journeyman TechnicianWorked on small to large engines for 30 yearsGas,LP,Diesel
65057319

Hi I am trying to build a thermo line bender which is used

Customer Question

Hi I am trying to build a thermo line bender which is used to heat up an aluminium t bar by means of heating an element that sits on the t bar the thing is I'm not sure what type of heat controler I will need and how to wire it in the power input for this tool is 110 v I'm useing a 3000 w heating element with a rocker switch connected between the power input and the element I just need to control the heat to a maximum of 100 deg how can I do this
Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I wish to wait for an expert
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** *****'re having trouble today.I will do my best to assist you in resolving your issue.

Sorry for your long delay.

I would install a varible rheostat to control the power going to heating element like this one here

Once you have control to desired amount of heat you can either mark the knob to face or remove knob.

I would also use a temp sensor attached to bar like this below.

Let me know if you have any questions or problems.

spanky