cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  Cummins Field Tech
28984014

Can you advise on a problem we are having with a model 35DL

Customer Question

Can you advise on a problem we are having with a model 35DL thickness meter and M112 UT probe?

Calibration of 35DL on standard steel test plates is OK

We calibrate the unit on ceramic tiles coated with Silicone RTV coating. One sample at around 250 microns and the second at around 500 microns. This calibration is fine and the instrument reads correctly.

When we check the reading of Silicone on ceramic insulator, we get 2.420 mm instead of 0.420 mm etc. This erroneous "2" just appears. No idea what to do to eliminate this.

Please advise what could be wrong.

Category: Industrial Equipment
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Currently I am trying to have this 35DL and M112 probe checked with an identical unit, however this may take time to bring the two units together.

My suspicions are with the Probe itself rather than the 35DL, however I cannot be sure until I check with another unit.

I will update with further information when I have it to hand.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Further to earlier reply:

We tried the M112 probe along with its cable on a known good 35DL unit and this worked just fine.

The problem we are having is with the 35DL itself.

Awaiting feedback

Many thanks.

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Since there has not been an answer, yes close the question