Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law,
75100385

What is the penalty for infringing HDB Rules on owning property

Customer Question

What is the penalty for infringing HDB Rules on owning property abroad whilst still owning an HDB property.
Category: International Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 years ago.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return.

Alex Watts :

Could you explain the situation a little more please?

JACUSTOMER-n5vkslzg- :

I understand that it is a infringement of the Housing and Development board act if a flat owner or his occupier acquires an interest in a private residential property before satisfying the required minimum occupation period and that the HDB can compulsorily acquire the flat under section 56(1)(b) of the Housing and Development Act or can impose a penalty on the owner. Do you know what that penalty is? are there any statistics etc.

Alex Watts :

Are you referring to: Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993?

JACUSTOMER-n5vkslzg- :

No I am referring to the Housing and Development board act in Singapore. This website is linked through an article in Singapore that brings you up. If you are unable to advise on Singapore law then this has been an error.

Alex Watts :

I am sorry, yes indeed you have listed this in UK law.

Alex Watts :

I will ask the moderator to transfer it - please do not reply as it comes back to my inbox and you will get an email when someone responds.