José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

My wife and I recently had our first child but is suffering

Customer Question

My wife and I recently had our first child but is suffering from postnatal depression. I have arranged councilling both but she has threatened on 3 separate occasions that when our son finally receives his passport she will take him away back to the UK (we live in the UAE) . I have recently started a new job but am scarred every day I go to work that when I return they will be gone. My question is can she legally leave the country with our son without both parents consent?
Category: International Law
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
José M. :

there

José M. :

According to the law one of the parent could take the son and leave the country even when most airlines ask sign of the other parent

José M. :

In order to avoid the chance the best is to ask the judge in court to retain the pasport of the child

José M. :

If there is a judicial order which does not allow the minor go out it will become implossible and you will be sure it does not occur

José M. :

Ask your attorney to ask the order to the family court and you will be sure

José M. :

José M. :

I am on line if you need more help

JACUSTOMER-kvy3e1xw- : Is this law applicable in the UAE . When you say I should speak to the judge. How should I approach the authorities ???
José M. :

Yes its the appicable law all CEE arround. The way to approach the authorities goes throw your attorney who is the one who has to ask to the court. explaying the riskes in your case

José M. :