José M.
José M., Attorney
Experience:  Spanish Attorney
54639574

My mother has just died. Before her death she gave power of

My mother has just died. Before her death she gave power of attorney to one of her carers. I believe that this carer has manipulated my mother and turned her against me. The carer is refusing to give me details about my mother's. She apparently died in Jamaica. I cant get any facts from the hospitals where she supposedly died. How can I get the information from the carer.
Category: International Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The carer is a distant cousin. I believe also that my mother has named this individual as her next of kin. How can I challenge this and assume control of my mother's estate. I live in the UK and I have an older brother who lives in Jamaica. My mother owns land in Jamaica and has the deeds to a property that my brother lives in and I suspect that the carer want to get control of the land and property in Jamaica and any monies that may be in my mother's e.g. Savings, pension and ISA.
.
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there
Contact the Jamaican closer consulate in order to get the oficial medical informs of her dead and the hospital information about it
Consulate will provide you with the main lines you have to follow in order to get the information you need
Please let me know if you need more help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You have not answered my questions fully. I.E. how do I go about overriding the carer being named as next of kin both here in the UK an in Jamaica. How can I block the carer's access to my mum's estate, especially her bank account here in the UK. How do I go about being recognised as her next of kin.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have just goggled 'Jamaican closer consulate' and nothing has come up re this. Can you be more specific as to whom I should contact.
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
Get this Information
1 Prince Consort Rd, London SW7 2BZ, Reino Unido
+44 20 7823 9911
http://www.jhcuk.org/
They will help you for sure
They will tell you about your rights concerning inheritage procedure to deal with the banks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The information supplied applies to Jamaica. My mum was a resident of the UK up until her death. Her bank account is here as well as her other assets. How do I go about this in the UK.
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
You have to manage the inheritage procedure with a UK lawyer but the oficial deceased cerificate is requiered, and you will get it at the consulate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. How can I find a UK lawyer who is specialist in this type of issue?
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
Where part of Uk do you prefer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live in south east London
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
Try this firm, but ask for several budgetshttp://www.probatelawyer.co.uk/http://www.sternberg-reed.co.uk/inheritance.html
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
I gently ask for a good rate of the serviceThank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, thank you.
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Have a good day
Expert:  José M. replied 2 years ago.
The rate has to be made at the icons 3 to 5 Thank you