Ely
Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Private practice with experience in common law, civil law, international family law, and international contracts.
7286322

We are a trading company in Dubai, our emails have been hacked

we are a trading company in Dubai, our emails have been hacked by someone who as sent email to our clients with modified invoices, and asked them to transfer money in bank accounts in UK , someof them has done the funds transfer, please advise what action can we take
whom should we report it to and how to recover our money
Category: International Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am sorry to hear about this situation. The accounts that the money was transferred to due to the hacker's "false flag" email - what county are they in? This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Mr. Ely,

the account where the money was transferred is in Uk called net west Bank

the situation is that hacker has changed the account no. on our invoice though the company names was same as our company (genx systems)

i don't understand if the account IBAN no. and company name was different how the bank accepted this transfer, in Dubai if the account no. and beneficiary name differs our banks return the money back

here i found it very strange that the company name was genx systems with someones else account no. and still the transaction went through

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I really cannot comment on how they did this, I am afraid. It seems a combination of hacking, identity theft, and who knows what else. What someone in your situation wants to do is to file a criminal complaint with the police in the UK, in the city where the bank that the money was transferred to is. This way, the UK police can attempt to trace the money and find the persons who the account belongs to, or who took the money if it was wired, etc. See HERE on how to do this. With luck, the authorities will track down the thieves and recover the money. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you for the reply, this action has already been taken, we have reported the crime by website of UK cyber crime,

please suggest; will it be a good idea to go to UK and meet the local police officials and bank management to help in recovering the money

regards