clairep80
clairep80,
13262538

If I marry a Filipino national does she have any specific rights

If I marry a Filipino national does she have any specific rights to my estate on my death.
Category: International Law
Expert:  T_Graham12 replied 1 year ago.
HiDo you have any children?Do you have a Will and, if so, what does the will say? Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have three adult children for whom I have already made potentially exempt transfers. I have six grandchildren. (I am approaching my 80th birthday)

I am reviewing my will. My intention is to ensure that there is sufficient for any future wife to live on with the residue for my children/grandchildren.

The reason for my question is that I need to know if Philippine law obliges me to make specific provision for a widow and if so what.

Expert:  T_Graham12 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I cannot comment on Philippine law I'm afraid, so I will have to opt out. Your question will remain open but you may find that no expert feels qualified to answer. Tom
Expert:  clairep80 replied 12 months ago.
HIMy name is ***** ***** - where will you live?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Plan is to live 75% of my time in the Philippines and 25% in the UK

Are you aware of her rights in UK law?What assets will you have in the Phillippines?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

My solicitor is advising me on English legal rights.

A house and lot value about £100K

Then I shall also opt out - I am not sure that we have any experts from the Phillipines
clairep80,
Experience: 
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.
It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about the Phillippines, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is maybe to provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.
At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obliged to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.
Please let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Leave the question open. I plan to invest around £100,000 on a home inthe Philippines which my wife will inherit when I die. I wanted to know if she will have any additional claim to my estate.