Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Can an acquaintance aware of the fact that an individual is

Customer Question

Can an acquaintance aware of the fact that an individual is going to start a legal proceding, communicate this to the Authorities, even if the individual expressely asked him in email not to communicate this to anyone?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. Yes, there is no law which prevents a person speaking the truth, unless the information is a personal confidential matter. Where a person is communicating the fact of issuing legal proceedings, this is not a matter which attracts an obligation of confidence, so the fact legal proceedings might be issued can be lawfully disclosed.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid

JACUSTOMER-i3ku30hb- :

I am sorry but I cannot read Your answer...the space on my pc screen to read chats is very small, and all the lines are cut...

Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.
(See if this is any better)