Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

an allegation was brought against for bullying and harrasment

Customer Question

an allegation was brought against for bullying and harrasment by a work colleague who requested the formal route .this has now being dealt with and allis well , working in same area of department ,but this week the genral manager wants us to work in the same smaller area of the department to complete the full circle / do i have to do this .
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. I regret to say that in law, as an employee, you are duty bound to carry out whatever duties your employer requires of you, irrespective of personal differences with other workers. The mere fact a complaint was made does not allow you to refuse to work with that person. Accordingly, you will have to ignore your personal differences and work in the same smaller area of the department regardless of the fact the complaint was made. In law, you have no right to refuse to work with someone. To refuse to work would be grounds for a warning. So don't create a situation for yourself where you will be the one at fault.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the Answer positively so that I may get paid