Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

A company based in southern Ireland owes me money and I want

Customer Question

A company based in southern Ireland owes me money and I want to take them to court.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 4 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. There is no rule of law which provides that one company has to be paid for a job before they can pay someone else. Accordingly,, you should get yourself an Irish solicitor who will represent you and bring proceedings against the company based in Southern Ireland in the Republic of Ireland. Under the intra-EU rules governing jurisdiction, you have to sue a defendant in its home country. So, you should instruct a solicitor in Ireland to sue this company. Given the amount owing, £31k, proceedings will be brought in the Circuit Court in Ireland which is equivalent to the County Court in England. YOu can issue summary proceedings and mark judgment without delay.

Buachaill :

Please RATE the answer positively so that I may get paid

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated. If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.