tdlawyer
tdlawyer,
73598664

Hello There I need to chat to someone regarding wills.??

Customer Question

Hello There I need to chat to someone regarding will's.??
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, thank you for your question today. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can answer your question.

JACUSTOMER-i3aoh0k3- :

Hello Tony

JACUSTOMER-i3aoh0k3- :

Oh and tony I was trying to log on with my email addy which I have used before and it won't let me..it [email protected]

tdlawyer :

Hello.

tdlawyer :

What would you like to know, whether the will can be contested?

JACUSTOMER-i3aoh0k3- :

yes

tdlawyer :

Okay, do you have reason to believe that he was unable to know what he was doing when he altered his will? Is there any reason to make you believe that he may have lacked capacity?

JACUSTOMER-i3aoh0k3- :

My dad left my mother when we where all kids and he has never given us anything since..I tried to make up with him about 12 yrs and took him over to london where I live and got both his hands operated on as he had Carpal tunnel syndrome in both his hands and I took him to the Hospital where I worked at the time and got this Op done for him and haven't had a word of thanks or heard from him since.??

JACUSTOMER-i3aoh0k3- :

I'm not a 100% on this but I have been told by my half sister that up till 3 weeks before he died he was going to change his will but hadn't got the energy in his body to go anywhere.??

JACUSTOMER-i3aoh0k3- :

we didn't even know at that time that there was a will

tdlawyer :

So you dispute (a) the fact you got nothing, you say you should have got something and (b) that he even had the ability to change it?

JACUSTOMER-i3aoh0k3- :

I'm not saying I should of got anything but there is 7 kids here that got nothing and I'm saying he didn't have the ability to change his will he just hadn't got the energy to move anywhere.?

JACUSTOMER-i3aoh0k3- :

oh and just to let you Tony this Ireland we are talking about here.??

tdlawyer :

Ah, I was answering you in accordance with English law.

JACUSTOMER-i3aoh0k3- :

Sorry Tony I forgot that bit.LOL

tdlawyer :

If you want an answer specific to Ireland, then I shall have to opt-out and see whether there is anybody with that background for you.

JACUSTOMER-i3aoh0k3- :

o.k thanks

tdlawyer :

I'll opt out now, and please do not reply as it comes back to me automatically.

JACUSTOMER-i3aoh0k3- :

Am I getting anyone to help me with this.??