Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

The principal on my Interest only mortgage must be paid by

Customer Question

The principal on my Interest only mortgage must be paid by Feb. '14. I called Barclays and reminded them that they had never asked whether I had the 'Ability to Pay'. I then asked that they extend the mortgage for 10 years. They called and said that they would not extend to 10 years but would consider 5 if I could demonstrate that I would have the ability to pay at the end of that term. I sent them evidence showing that I could meet the payment of principal. They replied by asserting that since I had demonstrated my ability to pay, I was to pay the loan when due in Feb. '14. Is this kind of deceit actionable?
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,