Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

my paid childminder has been leaving my 9 and half month old

Customer Question

my paid childminder has been leaving my 9 and half month old child locked unattended in public places and when i reported it to the police and discussed it with a solicitor i am told it is not illegal.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  clairep80 replied 3 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What actually happened?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i finished work early, i am a nurse and work 12 hour shifts, i went to the hall where her children did karate lessons. saw her car, and drove past as there was no one visible in the car. before i could enter the hall a friend stopped me and we talked for 25 mins, childminders car was visible in the distance in a car park and hall across the road behind me. no one went near the car during this time at all.my daughts who are minded by my mother were the first to come out asked where their sister was and thats when i ran to the car to find her inside asleep and when she eventually came out of the hall she casually said that my baby was tired and left her there. sees no problem with this at all and then i found out that this is not an isolated incident. called the gardai and i have spoken to solicitor here who says its a civil not legal matter. however this childminder was a good friend and her godmother and i have removed the child from her care and tried to leave her out ofd her liofe however she has been requqesting friens to get pictures of my daughter via facebook and even bought one mutual friens a camera. ive been told to ignore her, but this is ongoing since may 2011!

Expert:  clairep80 replied 3 years ago.
HI
My apologies I had not noticed you were in Eire - entirely my fault
I shall opt out and transfer you to that section
It may take a little while
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i wish you to closre my question ansd cancel my subscription as this service is no use to me.