Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

sentence for simple arson

Customer Question

Can u plz tell me wat the sentence for simple arson in northern Ireland court its a first offence,I already paid £22 through PayPal to get an answer

Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. Normally, the sentence for arson would be six months in jail, if a building was destroyed by the arson, provided it was a first offence. Higher sentences of one to two years are imposed if there was anyone hurt in the building which was burnt. On the other hand, lower sentences are imposed if what was burnt was not substantial. If for example, a car was destroyed, then a suspended sentence to three months in jail is likely. As well, the arsonist would be required to make restitution to the person who property was burned in the attack. If you want to provide further details, i will assist further.