Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

How an l add my name to the land register of my uncles hou

Customer Question

How an l add my name to the land register of my uncles house
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. Essentially, you need a solicitor to register your name on the Land folio in the Land Registry if the house is on registered land. Or alternatively, you need a solicitor to do something similar if it is a Registry of Deeds Title. I regret to say that you need a solicitor for this process in the Land Registry as solicitors are the guarantors of the Land Registry process in Ireland. You cannot do it yourself. But the actual process is straightforward from a legal point of view as it is not a difficult process for a solicitor. They do this sort of thing every day and it should not cost more than 200 euros.