Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

May a person who lives in a house alone own the house even

Customer Question

Can I register a house in my own name because I am living in it for over twenty years since my mother died. The house a council house was bought out by my father and though I have 9 siblings I am the one living there. 7 of my siblings are happy to sign over the house to me but the others will not do so. I am in poor circumstances having only disability allowance. If I had the house in my own name I would have a better chance of getting a grant. The roof needs to be replaced. I am not able to pay for it and cannot get a grant as it is not in my name but in tht of my late father.

Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could find an answer but I am anxious not to spend more money on the question, as it is not my problem. I will wait another day. Thank you.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to close the question and have money returned to source.Sincerely. Please let me know that this is done

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not wish to wait any longer I would be glad if you returned my money to its source. Thank you for your efforts..