Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Hi, I plan to remove hedges and roots that are on my side of

Customer Question

Hi, I plan to remove hedges and roots that are on my side of a clearly marked boundary fence on different sides of my property, and replace them with a concrete fence. There is no dispute about the fact that they are mine. I have contacted all my neighbours out of courtesy and all but one have no issue with my plans. The one that is objecting doesn't want us to disturb the growth from MY hedge that is on their side of the boundary. I pointed out that these shoots will probably come out with the root balls, but they have said I have to split the hedge. I pointed out that there is a probability that this will kill what ever hedge is left behind. Am I wrong in thinking they are being unreasonable? NB. I am not asking for any financial assistance from any of my neighbours.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law