Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Can I as a Grandmother visit my granddaughter who is in a special

Can I as a Grandmother visit my granddaughter who is in a special care unit in Limerick for the next three months she is 13 and wants me to visit how do I go about it
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. The simple approach is to simply write to the matron or person in charge of the special care unit in Limerick and seek the right to visit your granddaughter. Visiting to such units is dependent upon the condition of the in-patient and upon the general policy of the unit in question. The condition of your granddaughter will make visiting dependent upon it. There is no overall policy regarding visiting which covers every unit. So write and find out or speak with the person in charge of the unit.