How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Satisfied Customers: 10621
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Republic of Ireland Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Can I as a Grandmother visit my granddaughter who is in a special

Resolved Question:

Can I as a Grandmother visit my granddaughter who is in a special care unit in Limerick for the next three months she is 13 and wants me to visit how do I go about it
Thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. The simple approach is to simply write to the matron or person in charge of the special care unit in Limerick and seek the right to visit your granddaughter. Visiting to such units is dependent upon the condition of the in-patient and upon the general policy of the unit in question. The condition of your granddaughter will make visiting dependent upon it. There is no overall policy regarding visiting which covers every unit. So write and find out or speak with the person in charge of the unit.

Buachaill and other Republic of Ireland Law Specialists are ready to help you