Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Landlord of a hotel we were staying in came into our bedroom

Customer Question

Landlord of a hotel we were staying in came into our bedroom and I woke to find him in bed beside me and my boyfriend. I am so traumatised. Can I sue him.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 years ago.

Buachaill :

1. YOu most certainly can sue for breach of contract, breach of privacy, intentional infliction of emotional suffering and damages for distress. This is a gross invasion of privacy and a total breach of the contract to provide you with a safe room for the night. Aggravated damages will also be payable as the conduct is beyond comparison. So I would advise you to speak to a solicitor and get proceedings issued if an adequate offer of compensation is not forthcoming to include all the distress and loss you suffered.