Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Hi. I am not sure if I am asking the right person but here

Customer Question

Hi. I am not sure if I am asking the right person but here goes. Ma sister has just received an enormous bill from the local authority regarding arrears they say she owes over the last 4 years for her home here in Ireland. She does not live in it for most of the year but it is the only property she owns. She lives in Spain but does not own a property there. She has never received any notification that she owed this money and has been paying her property tax since it came into fruition which I think was about two years ago. What she would like to know is if there is any way she can fight this charge which is with penalties approx. €4,780. This will increase to €7,000 plus on 1st September 2014. As you can see this gives her very little time to try to sort it out. If there is any advice you can give her it would be greatly appreciated? Regards ***** ***** This is done from my work e-mail and that is fine up to 5pm but after that any replies should go to *****@******.***

Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We would appreciate a reply as soon as possible as more penalties will be enforced by the 1st of September 2014. i am sure you can appreciate the urgency in wanting a reply. My understanding in looking for an answer (and paying) was that it would be forthcoming very quickly. If you can not answer then please let me know and i can cancel my payment and try elsewhere for help.

regards

Marie XXX

Hello Marie,
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How long will it take to get an answer?

Hello Marie,
I'm afraid JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time but most questions are answered in a timely manner.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no point in continuing to wait for a reply as we needed it immediately. Thanks