Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

our company has a charge registered on the folio map of 305

Customer Question

our company has a charge registered on the folio map of 305 000 euro. it has transpired that the bank issued the loan to us personally and not to our company. the solicitor registered the deeds in the company name.we want to get a court declaration to discharge this. how do we go about this and how much will it cost
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  ajlaj01 replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Where is the company based?
When the loan was made did the bank insist on any security being given?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

aj the company is based in Ireland.In 2002 we set up a company and bought a property and told our solicitor to register with land registry in company name.we got loan from bank and they asked for property as security as per expected. in 2006 the bank realised they had discharged the loan to us personally and the security was not in place.they continually asked us to transfer the property to our personal names. we did not do this as there would have been a tax implication this went on untill October 2012. we had paid our loan up until that point. relations broke down at that time with the bank threatening to sue our solicitor. then 4 weeks ago the bank wrote to us to meet with them.our position is we want to go to court and get a court declaration to discharge. thanks teresa

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes id like an answer to my question

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nicola yes id like an answer to my question.

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,