Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Hi,can you help me to take action in my case, please? I am

Customer Question

Hi, can you help me to take action in my case, please? I am in Ireland. I owe €5000 to my friend. Well, is kind of saying owe, because he gave me the money in a lump sum as a reward of the financial help I gave him in the past (totalling a lot more than this amount), but he forgot completely about this. He had money as a compensation from insurance company, as a result of a traffic road accident he has been involved in. So he considered that time that he can give me that amount, because I helped him a lot in the past. As soon as he finished his funds, he start asking me to pay his money back. He keep calling me when he is drunk, in the middle of the night, he is sending text messages to all my family members as well (my sister, my husband and my husband's daughter from his previous marriage), trying to get the money back even from them. It is a real torture in my family. I have to mention that this men was my boyfriend. He has serious issues with alcohol. This is the reason why I had to leave him. I have my family now, I am married. The story is long, but my problem is that I have a real family distress, we are all stressed, my husband is hypertensive and I am afraid that one day he might have a stroke when the phone will ring again or a new text message will be received, asking him to sale his car and pay the money. I am under treatment for depression as well, we have a 9 years old daughter which sometimes can hear our conversations or she can feel the tension in the family. This men is like a curse that I cannot get rid of. Please advice me what to do. When I helped him in the past, I was really sorry for him because I understood his alcohol problem as an illness; he never had money to pay for rent and his bills, so I had to give him money in order to "buy" my peace. Sometimes he speaks nice to me and he is saying how much me and my husband are meaning to him, as he doesn't have any other friends (which is trough; he lost all his friends because of his behaviour after consuming incredible amount of alcohol daily). I know,  his attitude is only and only the effect of his condition. He is not working for years; he is really ill as well. Apart of his alcohol dependence, he has a spinal degenerative disease, and he is on disability allowance, which is not enough for his alcohol intake. I told you all these details, to have a more insight view of this case. Thank you, Maria

Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, I am ok to wait, thank you. Please e-mail me when you have the answer for me.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nicola,

I think I was waiting enough.

Thank you very much for working that hard for me to find a Professional to assist me, so for getting no answer after paying your fee.

I would like to claim my money back as well. I'm sorry to say, but this story looks like a joke to me.

I left a feedback for you as well.

Good look with your business; it's a good one!

Incredible!....

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

...and again, please remove my question.