Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My parents died in 2008.I contacted the family solicitor in

Customer Question

My parents died in 2008.I contacted the family solicitor in early 2009.I requested a copy of their will and noted that I was executor, all remaining assets to be divided between myself and brother, B. My other brother,A,had received the family home some years earlier,we agreed in 2012 that he would arrange for monies to be paid as he had joint custody of my parents bank accounts. I am still waiting to receive my legacy.I have emailed the solicitor on numerous occasions-she always refers me back to my brother.I was the executor of a will but now find myself at a disadvantage financially, playing a 'waiting role'. What remedy, other than writing to the Law Society, can you suggest, would it possible to sue and if so on what grounds. Thank you, John
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 3 years ago.
What action are you hoping to take?
What do you want to sue for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for delay-I am just looking at options here, my brother had joint custody over my parents financial affairs including bank accounts. The solicitor told me yesterday that technically the money is his, although my parents will states that money left is to be divided between myself and my other brother. My brother has agreed to give us this money but this was two years ago and yet we have received nothing. The solicitor always refers me back to my brother and I feel she has not been communicative or proactive with me as executor. Do you think that the solicitor has fulfilled her duties.. What are my options now. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Wondering if you are going to answer back soon, Thanks