Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Can you sue an Irish lawyer successfully?

Customer Question

Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Keep going. Need to break this boys club.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 3 years ago.
1. Yes, you can sue a lawyer successfully in Ireland if you can show some act of negligence on the part of the lawyer. Negligence means some neglect in the standard of care expected of a reasonably competent lawyer practising in Ireland. If you wish to sue a lawyer, I would recommend getting the assistance of another solicitor to sue them. Otherwise you are at competitive disadvantage when suing them.