Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Feel like i'm being bullied out of my job

Customer Question

I have worked for my company for 6.5 years as a PA/Secretary. I was working for 2 directors (one who was 68 at the time) and 2 teams for 5 years. They decided to split up the PA/Secretary team which was a team of 4. So I was pushed over to work for the 68 year old director and his team apparently) Two PA/Secretaries remain on as PA/Secretary. One taking one of my directors. One had to interview for a Team administrator which she was quite happy to do and received a new job spec. I requested a job spec from the Director of the Team I going to and from HR, Neither would give me a new job spec. So I worked away doing whatever I was asked to do - PA/events/admin. In December last year I got an invitation to meet with HR. They informed me that my director (69) role was changing and that they have this administrative assistant job position for me up in Corporate Broking. Before I know it within 2 hours I was up meeting the Team Leader for this new position. I didn't want to move and queried why I had to move. My boss director I was working for was unaware of what they were doing.  They told me not to tell him and they would deal with it.  This job is a Roadshow Co-ordinator which is extremely stressful and demands long hours at times. Prior to going up agreeing to this new position I explained to HR that I have to get my bus as I commute and I try to work around my buses so I manage my commute. Its not that I;m not flexible but I try to keep it as the norm and manage my work to get out.  Like events would be in the evening and I would stay for them.  When I stay late I am often not home from work until after 9.00pm The Team Leader is giving me an awful lot of hassle- to me its verging on bullying. I am very stressed. I feel I was pushed into this job to try and get me to leave as for this job you need to live close as anything can change at the last minute.  Even when I do go home I have to keep a check on my blackberry and bring the itineraries for the roadshows home. If anything goes wrong I have to sort it out. Its like working as a PA for 20 people.  There were plenty of other people in my office that could have been put into this job beside me. I feel that the Head of the department put in a strategy to get rid of me as he wants the director I was working for to leave as he is 70. They took away his support to make things difficult for him.  I feel I am being bullied.

Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can hold off until tomorrow evening. If you can't get me an answer by tomorrow evening then I will have to look somewhere else for an answer.

Noeleen

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nicola,

Please cancel my question. I needed a quicker response that what you have given. I expect a full refund.

Noeleen