Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

If a divorce took place in year 2010 and information becomes

Customer Question

If a divorce took place in year 2010 and information becomes available today about un disclosed information can the divorced person go back to court to claim .? Also if a persons dies intestate and a family member is appointed to act as administrator, but does not inform the other parties about progress of probate, can the other parties seek this information from the solicitor in question if upon requesting this information from the administrator and it is not forth coming. The parties in question are of equal rights to the estate in question.
Category: Republic of Ireland Law
Expert:  clairep80 replied 2 years ago.
There are two issues here.
With regard to the first I need to know what information you would be referring to - what kind of asset and how much is it worth
With regard to the second the solicitor is instructed by the administrator and will not release any information to anyone else
However if more than a year has passed since the death of the Intestate then you can ask for an update on the current position
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

This would have been an asset in relation to shares which were not distributed or finalised or realised until 2010 and 2011. The valuation being in the region of €150000. Because the individual deceased and died intestate his ex is trying to seek further information. The deceased would have wanted what he had for this three children. The person who has been appointed administrator is one of his children and he is not forth coming with information to the other two children. Two of the children are astranged from their mother but the third child who is administrator was estranged from his mother also but now has rekindled his relationship with her, and he may be supplying this information to the mother. The death took place in July 2012 and the estate has still not been finalised with no update to the other two parties involved. A reply to this would be greatly appreciated.

Expert:  clairep80 replied 2 years ago.
You use Euros rather than pounds - did the divorce happen in England and Wales?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No in ireland

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Happened in ireland. Probate also handled in ireland

Expert:  clairep80 replied 2 years ago.
Then I am so very sorry but I will need to opt out and transfer you to the correct section.
It will take a little time so please be patient
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes i am still interested and will await an answer. Please continue .

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you telling me that you cannot find some one to help me with this situation? If that is the case please proceed with a refund for me, otherwise let me know if you can find some professional to help me with this situation.

Kind regards.

Irene